|The chemical manufacturing industry has unique challenges in the production, storage, and transportation of materials. Corrosion, costs, and controls effect quality and efficiency. Electric immersion heaters are the best heating solution for the chemical industry.
Electric immersion heaters are not only efficient with their energy use, they also offer a more efficient operation. Electricity is capable of achieving temperatures quickly and predictably, allowing for faster, more consistent heat transfer.
PMJ industrial immersion heaters are custom-manufactured, using designs and materials intended for your specific process. Depending on the chemical make-up of the medium and the process itself, different sheath material protects the heater from damage:
- Copper: A copper sheath can heat water with a PH between 6 & 8.
- Steel: Steel sheaths are common for degreasing solutions, solvents oils, and medium weight oils.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel heaters provide further protection over steel. For example, in heating electrified alkaline cleaners, wash tanks, and caustic fluids.
- Teflon-Coated: Teflon is a popular choice for more caustic solutions. For example, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, and ammonium bi-fluoride.
- Titanium: Titanium sheaths are a good solution for heating corrosive materials in chemical manufacturing. They are corrosion-resistant, and the rights coatings can make them resistant to most chemical mediums.
Recommended Industrial Heating Equipment